Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Little Good News

Thirty years ago, Canadian singer Anne Murray won a Grammy for a song entitled "A Little Good News".  The songwriter opined that when you dial in for your nightly dose of local news, weather, sports, etc., the vast majority of what you'd see and hear would be bad news, and

How I want to hear the anchorman talk about a county fair/
How we cleaned up the air/How everybody learned to care.

How many of us feel the same?

So when I opened up an email from my local Plum-Oakmont Patch yesterday, I expected the usual: area arrests, construction, the typical divisive commentaries about the upcoming election, etc.  Instead I had the privilege of reading about little Kylie.

Kylie was 8 years old May 6, and she had a birthday wish.  I know, you're saying, let me guess, she wanted games, toys, a humongous cake, a pizza party with a pony.

No, Kylie wants water for the people of Rwanda.  Yes, you read that right, water for Rwanda.  No, I don't think I'll explain any further -- Kylie can do that much better than me -- this is Kylie's page, I hope you'll pay it a visit:  my.charitywater.org/kylies-birthday-wish

Not a dry eye in this house, I can tell you.  What an inspiring little girl!  I will be donating to Kylie's Water Campaign this Thursday when I get paid, and I pray you'll join me.

"And a little child shall lead them".

Good vibes to all of you,

Claudia

No comments: